Become a Volunteer
at Alaska Literacy Program
Volunteer Opportunities at ALP:
- ESL teacher (in person)
- ESL teacher (online)
- Teacher's aide for online classes
- GED instruction support
- Professional development speaker for volunteer teachers
- Administrative volunteering (front desk, proctor literacy tests, register new students, etc)
Get Started in the Volunteer Process
There is a 3 step process to getting started.
1. Fill out a volunteer interest form (below)
2. You will receive an automatic reply from the interest form with more information about the volunteer commitment, and a link to a more thorough application to fill out after reading the information packet.
3. Once you submit your application, a staff member will reach out to schedule an interview, a class observation, teacher training, and find the right fit for you at ALP.